Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station
Rare Earth Summit
April 20, 2023
Texas A&M-Fort Worth, Fort Worth, Texas
The Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES) will convene a Rare Earth Summit on April 20, 2023 of national and international experts to discuss technologies and policies to secure the supply chain of rare earth elements (REEs).
REEs are essential for the continued growth of high-tech industries (including electric vehicles, wind turbines, batteries and unmanned aerial vehicles). As such, a sustained supply of REEs is critical for the economic and national security of the United States and its allies.
The summit will provide recommendations regarding technologies for recovery, recycling and reuse of REEs and illuminate the environmental and economic aspects. Recommended technology strategies and public policies for reducing supply chain risks will be identified as potential swim lanes for future REE roadmaps.
Preliminary Agenda Topics
- REEs and their role in advancing high-tech industries
- Research and innovation in the recovery, recycling and reuse of REEs
- Industrial waste streams as sources for REEs recovery: Opportunities and challenges
- Potential for national and global partnerships to secure the supply chain of REEs
- Public policies and their role in securing the supply chain of REEs